SBA Communications Corporation
SBA Communications Corporation (SBA) is a leading independent owner and operator of wireless communications infrastructure across North, Central and South America. Founded in 1989 and headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida, SBA is listed on NASDAQ under the symbol: SBAC.
By "Building Better Wireless", SBA generates revenue from two primary businesses - site leasing and site development services.
- In our site leasing business, we lease antenna space on our multi-tenant towers and other structures to a variety of wireless service providers under
long-term lease contracts.
- Our site development business offers wireless service providers and operators assistance in developing their own networks through site acquisition, zoning, construction and equipment installation.
Our principal operations are in the United States and its territories. In addition, SBA owns and operates towers in Brazil, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Nicaragua and Panama. Our expansion is driven by:
- Consumers’ increased use of mobile applications, particularly data.
- Wireless service providers seeking to increase the quality and coverage of their networks.
- Spectrum auctions, which result in new market entrants as well as additional network deployments from existing wireless service providers.
Our size, experience, capabilities and resources make SBA a preferred partner for wireless service providers both domestically and internationally. With anticipated ongoing, dynamic growth in wireless traffic (in particular data and video), SBA will continue to lead the way in providing innovative business strategies and continuous improvement to our network infrastructure.